Were you injured in an accident in Bellaire, Texas? Was the accident due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness? If so, you could be entitled to recover compensation for the expenses and losses you suffer due to your injuries.
Whether you were involved in a car crash, a slip and fall, or another type of accident, you have an opportunity to hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions.
The Bellaire personal injury attorneys at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, have the knowledge and skills to help you pursue the financial recovery you deserve and seek justice in your case. We are a full-service accident and injury firm based in Houston. We have more than three decades of combined experience representing injury victims just like you.
Contact us today for a free, no-risk initial consultation.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle in Bellaire
At Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, our Houston-area lawyers have extensive experience handling a wide variety of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Slip and fall injuries
- Premises liability claims
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
- Workplace injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Construction accidents
- Wrongful death
This list includes only a sample of the cases we handle. If you have questions about the types of cases we handle, our attorneys are available to discuss your situation and help you review your legal options.
What Is the Process of Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Texas?
To file a personal injury claim, you will generally need to:
- Talk to a lawyer. Your attorney can offer you helpful legal advice and act as your advocate throughout the claims process.
- Conduct an investigation. Your attorney can launch a comprehensive investigation into the accident, gathering and preserving vital evidence to prove your case.
- Consult with experts. Your attorney may wish to consult with accident reconstructionists, medical experts, or other experts to help bolster your case.
- Document your injuries and losses. Your attorney can help you gather medical records, bills, receipts, repair estimates, a record of your daily pain, and other information to document the extent of your losses.
- File an injury claim. Your attorney can file your injury claim on your behalf with the at-fault party’s insurer.
- Negotiate with the insurance company. Your attorney can handle all negotiations with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Resolve your case. Your case will likely either end with a negotiated settlement with the insurance company or proceed to trial through a personal injury lawsuit. Your attorney can help you review your legal options and determine the best course of action.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Bellaire?
Many people choose to pursue compensation by filing an insurance claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company. You should consult with an attorney and report your claim as soon as possible after the accident since the claims process may take time.
In some cases, negotiations with the insurance company may not be fruitful. Insurance companies are for-profit entities whose chief goal is keeping their shareholders happy. As a result, insurance adjusters may use bad faith tactics to reduce or deny your claim, or they may simply be unwilling to offer you a fair amount. In that case, you may need to pursue compensation through a personal injury lawsuit.
Texas has a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits. You will need to initiate legal action by filing a complaint within that time frame, or a judge will most likely dismiss your case, dashing your opportunity to seek compensation through the courts.
What Types of Compensation Can I Receive from a Personal Injury Case?
If you have been injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault, you could be eligible to claim compensation. Compensation is designed to cover expenses and losses you suffered due to the accident. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you could be entitled to claim compensation for:
- Medical expenses – If you sustained injuries in the accident, you could be entitled to recover compensation for hospital bills, rehabilitative care costs, surgical costs, medication expenses, and more.
- Lost wages – If you cannot work for some time while you recover from your injuries, you might not be able to earn an income. You could pursue compensation for lost wages.
- Lost earning capacity – If you are temporarily or permanently disabled due to the accident, you might not be able to perform the full scope of your job-related duties. As a result, you might be placed on light duty or might see your income reduced. Some impairments could make it impossible to ever work again. In these cases, you could claim compensation for your lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering – You could also recover compensation for non-financial losses you suffered from the accident, including physical and emotional pain and suffering, mental distress, loss of enjoyment of life, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and more.
- Property damage – If any personal property was damaged during the accident, such as your vehicle, you could recover compensation to repair or replace it.
- Exemplary damages – Although exemplary or punitive damages are not frequently awarded by juries, you could receive exemplary damages if your injuries were the result of malicious intent or extreme recklessness.
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Bellaire, TX
It is always a good idea to hire a personal injury lawyer if you have been in an accident due to another person’s negligence. Not only is a personal injury lawyer intimately familiar with local and state laws that apply to your case, but they’ll also have the resources to handle every aspect of your case for you while you focus on your recovery.
A personal injury attorney will have the ability to thoroughly review your case, gather evidence and expert testimony, and craft a winning legal strategy on your behalf.
Contact Our Experienced Bellaire Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you were injured in an accident caused by another person or entity, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Bellaire personal injury attorneys at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC. Contact us today for a free consultation with a caring and knowledgeable attorney.