As anyone who drives here knows, car accidents are a daily occurrence on the roads and highways in Bellaire and throughout Houston, TX. While some of these collisions are minor “fender-benders” that result in little more than vehicle dents and scrapes, far too many others result in severe, catastrophic, or even fatal injuries. What’s worse is that most motor vehicle accidents could have been avoided if one or more drivers had been more responsible.
The Bellaire car accident lawyers at the law offices of Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, could help you seek financial recovery if you were injured in a crash that was someone else’s fault. Our car accident attorneys in Bellaire, TX, have more than 30 years of combined experience helping people just like you demand fair compensation in an insurance settlement or court verdict after a collision.
Contact us today for a free consultation with a personal injury attorney serving Bellaire and learn more about how we can help you seek maximum compensation from the at-fault party.
How Our Bellaire Car Crash Lawyers Can Help You
Some people think lawyers spend most of their time arguing in courtrooms, but most car accident cases wrap up long before a trial. Here are just a few of the things our car accident injury lawyers can do to help you after a crash:
- Provide a free initial consultation so you can get a better idea of what your legal options are.
- Answer any questions you have as your case progresses.
- Evaluate the medical treatment you’ve already received and let you know if you may need additional treatment from a specialist.
- Review your medical records, crash scene photos, and other evidence to help determine who might be potentially liable for your injuries.
- Gather additional evidence to support your case, such as eyewitness accounts, police accident reports, and testimony from expert witnesses.
- Handle all interactions with the various insurance companies, including settlement negotiations.
- File a lawsuit and prepare your case for trial if necessary.
What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Car Accident in Bellaire, TX
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident in Bellaire, Texas, you need to call 911 right away. Once you’ve alerted the authorities, here are the next steps you need to take:
- Get the other driver’s name, driver’s license number, address, phone number, and insurance information.
- Take as many pictures as you can of the accident scene. Be sure to get photos of the damage to your vehicle, the other car, and any injuries you sustained. Ask someone else to take pictures for you if you’re too badly injured.
- See a doctor right away. If you aren’t taken to a hospital, schedule an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible so they can check you for any internal injuries.
- Hold on to all your medical records and bills. They’re crucial pieces of evidence to help document your injuries and other losses from the crash.
- Don’t talk to any insurance companies. Let your lawyer speak to them so you don’t say anything that could potentially hurt your case.
● Hire a lawyer as soon as possible. There are specific deadlines for filing a car accident injury lawsuit in Texas, so you don’t want to wait too long to speak to an experienced attorney.