Braeburn Car Accident Lawyer
The lawyers at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, provide experienced legal representation to people who’ve been injured in car accidents in Braeburn and throughout the Houston area. If a distracted, drowsy, aggressive, or otherwise negligent driver injured you, we’re ready to stand up and fight for the fair compensation you need.
When you have a tough case, you need a tough lawyer. With more than three decades of combined legal experience, we know what it takes to demand answers and justice for our clients. While you focus on your treatment and rehabilitation, our full-service law firm will handle every aspect of your Braeburn car accident case, including dealing with the insurance companies on your behalf.
Our firm does not simply focus on just your legal recovery after a car crash. You can turn to us for help with finding a doctor or getting the specialized medical treatment you need, or with fixing or replacing your damaged car and arranging temporary alternative transportation for you until you can get back on the road in your own vehicle.
Don’t delay starting the process of pursuing a legal claim to recover compensation after you were hurt in a car crash in the Braeburn area of Houston. Contact us today for a free initial case evaluation to discuss how a Braeburn car accident lawyer from our firm can advocate on your behalf in your legal claim against the driver or other parties at fault for the crash that caused your injuries.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Braeburn?
Most car accidents are due to negligent or reckless drivers. Some of the most common causes of car crashes in Braeburn include:
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Tailgating or following too closely
- Reckless driving such as racing, excessive speeding, or swerving in and out of traffic
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Distracted driving, including cell phone use while driving, eating or drinking, grooming or applying makeup, adjusting the radio or climate control, or even turning to talk to other passengers
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Inexperienced drivers
- Running red lights or stop signs, or otherwise disregarding traffic controls
- Unsafe turns or lane changes, including failing to signal or check mirrors and blind spots
- Inadequate maintenance
- Defective vehicles or auto parts
- Poor road conditions or unsafe road/highway designs
- Adverse weather
- Low lighting or nighttime driving
Common Car Accident Injuries in Braeburn
Drivers and passengers can suffer a wide variety of physical injuries from a car accident. Examples of injuries frequently suffered by car accident victims include:
- Lacerations, abrasions, and bruising
- Dislocated joints
- Broken bones
- Strains and sprains
- Soft tissue injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Head and facial injuries
- Chest injuries
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Traumatic amputations
What Types of Compensation Are Available for a Car Accident Claim in Braeburn?
After an injury accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation for the expenses and losses that you have incurred. This compensation could include:
- Costs of medical treatments, including visits to the ER or hospital, surgeries, doctor’s appointments, physical therapy, prescriptions, and medical equipment
- Costs of long-term care required for disabilities that result from your injuries
- Loss of wages or income after missing time from work following the accident
- Loss of earning capacity if you have been disabled from performing gainful employment
- Physical pain and anguish
- Emotional trauma and distress
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life due to scarring/disfigurement or due to disabilities interfering with daily living or participation in activities you previously enjoyed
- Costs to repair your car or the value of your vehicle if it was totaled in the accident, along with repair or replacement costs for other property of yours that was damaged or destroyed in the accident.
How Long Do You Have to File an Accident Claim in Texas?
In Texas, the statute of limitations on car accident claims typically provides you only two years after a car accident to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver and other liable parties.
If you file a car accident lawsuit after the statute of limitations has expired, the court will almost certainly dismiss your case, and you will lose the right to pursue financial recovery from those responsible for the accident and your injuries. That makes it crucial to speak to a Braeburn car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
What Evidence Is Needed for a Braeburn Car Accident Claim?
At Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, our Braeburn car accident lawyers have the experience and resources to investigate your crash thoroughly. Some types of evidence we may use in your car accident case include:
- Accident scene photos and video, including pictures or video of vehicle damage, skid marks in the road, traffic controls at the scene, weather and lighting conditions, and any visible injuries you suffered in the crash
- Surveillance or traffic camera or dashcam footage of the accident
- Eyewitness statements
- Vehicle inspection and repair reports
- Vehicle electronic data recorder (black box) logs
- Police accident reports
- Accident reconstruction expert reports and testimony
- Medical records from the treatment of your injuries
Contact Our Experienced Braeburn Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you were injured in a car crash due to someone else’s negligence in the Braeburn area of Houston, contact Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, today for a free, no-obligation consultation. Our knowledgeable Braeburn car accident lawyers will be ready to discuss your rights and legal options when you reach out to us by phone or online.