Have you been involved in a truck accident in Braeburn, Texas? If so, you may be suffering from severe injuries, missing time and pay from work, and agonizing over a growing pile of medical bills. You need a knowledgeable truck accident lawyer who can help you demand compensation for your losses and get back on your feet.
At the law firm of Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, our Braeburn truck crash attorneys have the experience and resources needed to help you recover. Contact us today to learn more about your options in a free initial consultation to discuss your legal options.
What Makes Truck Accidents So Complicated?
Big rig crashes and other truck collision cases tend to be much more complicated than car accident cases because:
- Trucks operate differently from cars. Many people are unfamiliar with how commercial trucks are operated and maintained. That can make it difficult to understand why some truck wrecks occur and who is at fault.
- The trucking industry is subject to unique laws. Commercial trucking is a heavily regulated industry. Understanding Texas trucking laws and regulations is essential for recognizing violations when they occur.
- Truck accident claims are often more expensive. Truck accidents tend to result in extensive losses and severe injuries. That means truck accident claims are often quite expensive, which makes insurers eager to find ways to reduce their payout.
- Multiple parties usually share liability. Many different parties are typically involved in the operations of a commercial truck, which means there are often multiple parties who could share the blame for a truck crash.
- Different types of evidence are available. Big rig crash cases often involve many unique types of evidence, such as truck “black box” data, truck maintenance records, hours of service logs, and cargo loading manifests.
Why You Need a Lawyer After a Truck Accident
If you were involved in a Braeburn truck accident, you need an attorney with extensive experience on your side. A personal injury lawyer can:
- Conduct an independent investigation. Experienced truck accident lawyers know how to identify, access, and preserve the evidence your case needs.
- Communicate with others on your behalf. Your attorney can communicate with the insurance companies and their lawyers so you can avoid the stress and focus on healing.
- Develop a customized legal strategy. Truck accident lawyers can use their knowledge of trucking laws to craft a personalized and effective legal strategy for your case.
- Demand justice and fair compensation for your losses. A truck accident lawyer can calculate the full extent of your losses and fight aggressively during negotiations to demand what you are owed.
Common Injuries Caused by Truck Wrecks in Braeburn, Texas
Here are some common injuries from Braeburn truck accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Facial injuries and dental trauma
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Herniated discs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Partial or total paralysis
- Dislocated and fractured bones
- Bruises, lacerations, and puncture wounds
- Thermal, friction, and chemical burns
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Rib and torso injuries
- Arm, elbow, wrist, and hand injuries
- Leg, knee, ankle, and foot injuries
- Amputation and loss of limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Other emotional injuries
- Wrongful death