At Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, our experienced attorneys serve injury victims in Chinatown and throughout surrounding areas of Houston. If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, slip and fall, or another serious incident, we can help you seek fair compensation for your losses.
We understand how personal and financially devastating an injury can be, so our team is committed to handling the complex legal matters while you heal. To learn more about your legal options, contact us today to start your free initial consultation.
Why Choose Us?
Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, is a full-service law firm, which means our priorities include more than just maximizing your compensation after a Chinatown injury. Our dedicated attorneys are here to address each of your most pressing concerns, ensure you obtain the medical attention you need, and check in on you for regular updates about how your injuries are impacting your day-to-day life. If you were involved in a car accident, we can also help you find reputable repair shops to fix your car or locate replacement vehicles if yours was totaled.
From the moment you contact us, you can rest assured that we’ll be there for you. We are prepared to meet with you anywhere in Houston, including Chinatown and surrounding areas. If you reach out to us right away, we can even meet you at the accident scene or in the hospital. During your free initial consultation, we will listen attentively to every detail of your story and answer any questions you may have, in English or Spanish.
We do not charge any up-front or out-of-pocket fees to begin work on your case. In fact, you won’t owe us anything at all unless and until we recover money for your case. We take this all-inclusive approach because you are so much more than just a claim number to us. When you work with us, you’re a part of the family, and we will do everything we can to take care of you.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Chinatown
At Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, our Chinatown attorneys handle a wide range of personal injury cases in the Chinatown community of Houston. Our firm’s practice areas include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Unsafe premises accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bite injuries
- Work-related injuries
- Construction site accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death cases
What Can You Recover from a Personal Injury Claim?
If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be able to pursue compensation from an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. Depending on the nature of your injuries and other losses, you could recover money for:
- Medical expenses – Any expenses you incur for the treatment of your injuries, including ambulance rides, hospital stays, surgeries, and doctors’ visits
- Lost wages – The value of any income losses you suffer as a result of the time you miss from work while you recover from your injuries
- Future losses – The estimated value of your expected future losses, such as the medical expenses you will likely incur in the future and the projected value of losses in your future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering – The intangible value of the physical pain, emotional suffering, and losses in quality of life you endure as a result of your injuries
- Incidental costs – Any out-of-pocket expenses you incur as a result of your injuries, such as the costs of travel to and from accident-related medical appointments
- Property damage – The costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle or any other personal property that was damaged in the accident
What to Do If You Got Hurt by Someone Else’s Negligence in Chinatown
In the aftermath of a severe injury, it can be challenging to know where to turn first. You can protect your legal rights and establish a strong foundation for your injury claim by:
- Seeking prompt medical attention for your injuries
- Following your doctor’s care plan and attending all follow-up appointments
- Gathering as much evidence as possible from the accident scene
- Asking eyewitnesses for statements and contact information
- Refusing to provide recorded statements to the insurance company
- Avoiding social media posts or activity while your claim is pending
- Keeping track of medical bills and other accident-related documents
- Contacting a knowledgeable Chinatown injury lawyer as soon as possible
Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Claims in Chinatown
If you believe you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit in Chinatown, you should familiarize yourself with the statute of limitations laws that could affect your case. A statute of limitations is a special type of law that imposes strict time limits on your ability to take certain kinds of legal action, such as filing a civil lawsuit.
When it comes to personal injury lawsuits, Texas law says you must file your suit no later than two years from “the day the cause of action accrues.” In plain English, this means you have two years from the date of the accident that caused your injuries to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party.
If you try to file a personal injury lawsuit after the two-year deadline has expired, the at-fault party can ask a judge to dismiss your case, and the court will almost certainly do so. However, certain exceptions may apply if the injured person is legally disabled or the at-fault party leaves the state.
Keep in mind that if the at-fault party in your case is a Texas government agency or employee, you generally may not file a lawsuit against them directly. Instead, you must file a formal claim with the appropriate agency within six months of your injury and often even sooner. The City of Houston, for example, requires you to file within 90 days.
Contact Our Chinatown Personal Injury Lawyers in Houston, TX
In the aftermath of a severe injury, the personal injury attorneys of Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, can help you get back on your feet and hold negligent parties accountable. Contact us today to discuss the details of your situation with a member of our respected team in your free initial case review.