What if the other driver doesn’t have insurance?

If you have uninsured motorist (UM) coverage through your auto insurance policy, you can file a claim with your own insurance company to seek compensation for your injuries. You may also be able to file a claim against the trucking company or another liable party. Finally, you may still be able to file a personal injury lawsuit and claim compensation from the other driver’s assets.