Personal Injury Attorney in Meyerland, Houston
Did you suffer an injury in a car crash, slip and fall, or another type of accident in Meyerland, Texas? Did the accident result from another party’s careless or reckless actions? If so, don’t hesitate to turn to the Meyerland personal injury attorneys at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, for the legal counsel you need.
Our skilled attorneys can handle everything from investigating the cause of the accident to filing your injury claim to negotiating aggressively for the financial recovery you’re due – all at no upfront cost for you. We’ll prepare your case for the court to show the other side we’re serious about pursuing a positive outcome on your behalf.
We understand the pain and frustration you are going through. We want to help you overcome these challenges and come out the other side with the compensation you deserve. We have secured millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients. We’re ready to leverage the breadth of our experience and resources to fight for the best possible result in your case.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident and are ready to explore your legal options for recovering compensation, talk to an experienced Meyerland personal injury attorney at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC. Contact us today for a free case review.
What Is a Personal Injury?
Personal injury law is also sometimes referred to as tort law. It is a type of case that allows a victim to pursue financial compensation from a negligent party following an accident.
If a reckless or negligent party causes an accident or incident that injures someone, the injured victim may be able to hold that party financially responsible for the losses they suffer. That may include medical expenses, loss of income, pain, and suffering, property damage, and more.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
The attorneys at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC have the skills necessary to handle a wide variety of personal injury cases, including those related to:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability claims
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
What Can You Recover in a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim is a legal means for recovering money to cover both measurable losses and subjective, intangible losses, such as the loss of quality of life. The value of a personal injury claim may depend on the severity of a victim’s injuries and the circumstances of the accident itself.
In Texas, if the victim is partially responsible for causing the accident, that can impact the compensation they are entitled to receive. Texas also limits the amount of money some victims may collect by placing a cap on non-economic damages in medical malpractice cases.
Although the value of a case can vary, in general, victims may be able to recover money for losses such as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Property damage
Meyerland Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Claims
Like most states, Texas limits the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. The state’s statute of limitations is typically two years from the date of the accident. Claims filed after the two-year deadline will almost certainly be thrown out of court without ever being heard. Victims are then left with no recourse for recovering compensation for their injuries and losses from the at-fault party, even if they have a strong case.
How Our Meyerland Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help with Your Case
Personal injury cases can be complicated, depending on the circumstances. Even in the most straightforward cases, dealing with the numerous facets of an injury claim can be overwhelming and exhausting for someone coping with traumatic injuries.
An experienced Meyerland attorney from Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, can shoulder some of that responsibility. We can also help give you the best chance possible of recovering the compensation that you need.
At Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, we can help you by:
- Giving you transparent legal advice
- Investigating the cause of the accident
- Gathering crucial evidence to support your claim
- Helping you get access to medical specialists
- Filing the necessary paperwork your claim requires
- Communicating with insurers
- Calculating the full and fair value of your claim
- Negotiating aggressively on your behalf
- Pursuing your case in court if necessary
Steps to Take to Protect Your Rights After an Accident
The actions you take in the hours, weeks, and months following a severe accident can significantly impact your personal injury claim. You can help protect your right to compensation by following these tips:
- Get medical help right away. If you are hurt, do not wait to get medical treatment. Some injuries can appear minor and escalate into a life-threatening condition before you know it. Medical documentation that links your injury to the accident can also be crucial in a personal injury claim.
- Follow your doctor’s advice. Medical treatment of severe injuries usually involves following a treatment plan. Be sure to keep all appointments and follow your physician’s instructions.
- Keep notes about your recovery. You can use a journal to document the recovery process and how your injuries impact your daily life. Keep a daily record of your pain levels and how your injuries affect your ability to do everyday tasks in the journal. Don’t be afraid to talk about your struggles. This can help you process your injuries and may be used as evidence in your claim.
- Keep documentation of everything. Keep copies of accident scene photos, medical expenses, medical records, repair bills, accident reports, and receipts for out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident.
- Contact an attorney. One of the first people you should contact following an accident is an attorney. They can begin working on your case right away and handle communications with the insurance companies to help uphold your rights and protect your claim.
Common Types of Serious Injuries
Personal injury accidents can result in a wide range of injuries. Some of the most common tend to include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Facial injuries
- Internal injuries
- Puncture wounds
- Orthopedic injuries, including broken bones, sprains, and dislocations
Talk to a Meyerland Personal Injury Attorney Today
If an accident has sidelined your life, reach out to the skilled legal team at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, for help. We’ll listen to your story and help you understand your best path forward. Begin by contacting us to set up a free, no-obligation consultation today.