If you have been injured in a car accident in Missouri City, Texas, you need an experienced lawyer to help to seek compensation for your losses. A car accident attorney in Missouri City can take care of your claim so that you can focus on your medical treatment and recovery.
Get a free consultation with our Missouri City car accident lawyers at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, by calling us or filling out an online contact form. Our car accident law firm is committed to providing outstanding customer service and skilled legal representation. When you have a tough case, you need a tough lawyer.
Do I Need a Lawyer After a Missouri City Car Accident?
It is highly recommended to hire a car accident lawyer in Missouri City after being involved in an automobile crash. Your attorney can handle the legal aspects of your case to pursue maximum compensation for your injury claim.
You need a lawyer after a car accident in Missouri City to:
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf
- Determine fault in your particular case
- Calculate how much your car accident claim is worth
- Investigate your car accident and gather all available evidence
- Help you prepare the necessary paperwork in compliance with applicable state laws, including the statute of limitations in Texas
- Represent your best interests in and out of court
- Advocate for your rights after filing a car accident lawsuit
Our Missouri City car accident attorney at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, stands ready to provide your case with the personalized attention it deserves and fight vigorously for fair and full compensation on your behalf. Our goal is to get you the compensation you are entitled to so you can get your life back on track.
How Much Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
As any motor vehicle accident lawyer can tell you, it is practically impossible to estimate how much a car accident case is worth without assessing the many unique factors involved. However, it is important to understand what types of damages you could recover in your accident case.
Our car crash lawyers in Missouri City are prepared to help you pursue the following types of damages:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses, including hospital bills, medication costs, the cost of rehabilitation, and more
- Diminished earning capacity
- Past and future lost wages
- Pain and suffering, including mental anguish, anxiety, emotional distress, and other non-physical injuries
- The loss of enjoyment of life
- The cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle
- Exemplary damages
Under Texas law, exemplary damages, also known as punitive damages, are available when the victim’s injuries result from the defendant’s gross negligence, fraudulent conduct, or malice.
Common Types of Car Accidents in Missouri City
While there are many different types of car crashes, some examples of the most common types of motor vehicle accidents in Missouri City include:
- Hit and run – These crashes involve a driver who flees the scene of the accident.
- Left-hand turn – This type of collision typically involves one driver making a left-hand turn and an oncoming driver traveling straight through the junction.
- Rollover – A rollover is when a car flips over onto its side or roof.
- Rear-end – These accidents happen when one vehicle hits another car from behind. Following too closely is typically the cause.
- Single-vehicle accidents – This type of car crash involves only one vehicle that collides with a stationary object, leaves the roadway, rolls over, or otherwise crashes.
- Multi-vehicle accidents – Multi-vehicle accidents involve several vehicles and may involve a chain reaction.
- Uber accidents – Accidents involving Uber drivers and other rideshare vehicles are becoming increasingly common.
- Head-on collision – These crashes, considered one of the deadliest, occur when the front ends of two vehicles collide.
- Backing-up – Backing-up accidents occur when one or two vehicles collide while driving in reverse out of a driveway or parking space, for example.
- Sun glare accidents – Sun glare collisions involve when one or two drivers are blinded by the sun.
- Self-driving car accidents – These accidents involve autonomous and self-driving vehicles.
- Highway accidents – These crashes are often quite severe due to the high speeds vehicles travel on highways.
- Taxi & limo accidents – These crashes involve taxis, limousines, or other hired vehicles.
- Parking lot accidents – The collisions are usually low-speed accidents that involve two or more vehicles in a parking lot.
It is advisable to contact a knowledgeable car accident injury attorney if you have been involved in an automobile crash. Your attorney will help you determine what caused the accident in your particular case.
Common Causes of Car Accident in Missouri City
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), an estimated 94% of all car accidents result from some form of driver error. Some of the most common causes of car crashes in Missouri City include:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Failing to maintain a safe following distance
- Failing to obey road signs or traffic signals
- Improper lane changes
However, driver errors are not the only cause of automobile accidents in Missouri City. Some crashes are caused by vehicle defects and faulty automobile parts, for example. Hazardous road designs or improper maintenance can also be a factor.