Personal Injury Attorney in Sharpstown, Houston
Sharpstown residents care about their community and keeping it safe. But unexpected accidents can happen anywhere and anytime, even in Sharpstown. If you’re injured, you could miss work and have to pay a pile of bills you didn’t expect. The good news is that if someone else caused the accident, you could hold them legally responsible for the cost of your injuries.
What can you do after someone else hurts you? Call Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, for a free consultation. Our Sharpstown personal injury lawyers have decades of combined experience standing up for injured Texans. We’re ready to help. We take a comprehensive approach to each case, and we’ll take the time to understand your needs.
Whether you need help finding medical care, replacing your vehicle, or need an advocate for your rights, Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, is ready and able to deliver. To us, you’re not just another claim number. You’re a part of our family.
For your free, no-obligation consultation, contact us online or by phone today.
How Can Our Sharpstown Personal Injury Attorneys Help You?
When you’re injured, it can feel like everything is happening at once. That’s why you need an experienced personal injury attorney who can break down the legal process into manageable steps. A claim could lead to compensation to help you cover the costs of your injury and find a path forward.
Our Sharpstown personal injury attorneys stand ready to help you by:
- Providing a free consultation about your case
- Answering your questions about Texas personal injury law
- Investigating what happened and who was responsible
- Supporting you at every step of your case
- Identifying sources of compensation such as insurance policies
- Aggressively advocating for you and your interests
- Managing the paperwork, phone calls, and details of a personal injury claim
- Negotiating with the insurance companies for a full and fair settlement
- Taking your case to court and fighting for the compensation you deserve, if necessary
What Is a Sharpstown Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury claim is a legal action in which you pursue compensation for your injuries. You can demand compensation from the person, persons, or entity that caused the accident or should have prevented it from happening. Depending on the facts and the other parties, many claims can be settled through negotiation. If they refuse to pay what’s fair, your lawyer can take your claim to court.
If you have questions about whether you qualify for a personal injury case, talk with a Sharpstown personal injury lawyer as soon as you can. They can review your situation and help you understand your legal options.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Take
Injuries can happen when you least expect them. But whether you suffer an injury due to a car crash, a slip and fall in a business, a workplace accident, or some other situation, you have the right to pursue fair compensation.
At our firm, we understand the challenges you face after an accident. That’s why we’re ready to help the Sharpstown residents who experience personal injuries in situations such as:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Third-Party Work-Related Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Construction Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Texas Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Claims
In Texas, there are clear rules that dictate how long you have after an accident to bring a personal injury lawsuit. These rules are known as “statutes of limitations.” After the deadline, you could lose the right to pursue compensation in a personal injury claim, regardless of the facts of your case.
In general, you have two years from the date of the injury to bring a personal injury claim. If someone passes away because of injuries, their loved ones have two years from the date of their death to bring a wrongful death claim. There are some narrow exceptions to these rules, which an attorney can explain.
What Can You Recover in a Personal Injury Claim?
If someone else caused your injury through recklessness or negligence, they might owe you money for the injury. Following an injury in Texas, you could be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical bills – Personal injury compensation could cover the cost of the treatment you’ve already received and the cost of the care that you may need in the future.
- Lost income and earning capacity – An injury can keep you out of work for weeks, months, or even years. Catastrophic injuries can cause permanent disability affect your income well into the future. A personal injury claim can seek compensation for these losses.
- Loss of household services – When a spouse is injured, the other spouse can lose the care and emotional and financial support they previously provided. In these cases, compensation may be available.
- Loss of enjoyment – An accident can limit your ability to enjoy the hobbies, activities, and life you used to. As part of a claim, you could seek compensation for this loss.
- Disfigurement – Injuries can leave victims with lasting scars. If you suffered permanent disfigurement, you might be able to pursue compensation for its long-term effects.
- Pain and suffering – Through a personal injury claim, you can seek compensation for the subjective value of the physical and emotional pain and suffering you experienced.
Our Sharpstown personal injury lawyers can investigate the incident that caused your injuries, determine who was responsible, evaluate all of the losses you suffered, and demand the full compensation you deserve. Find out what kinds of personal injury compensation you might be owed by contacting Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC today.
Contact a Sharpstown Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you’ve been injured in Sharpstown or elsewhere in Texas, contact Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, as soon as you can. Because at our firm, our top priority is serving you. Whether you were injured in Sharpstown or the greater Houston area, our experienced lawyers are ready to listen, answer your questions, and stand up for your rights.
We don’t get paid a dollar unless and until we recover money for you. We even offer virtual visits and are ready to speak to you in a free, no-obligation consultation.