Sugar Land Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of people are injured in car accidents every year in Texas, including the Sugar Land area. The Texas Department of Transportation reports that in just one recent, 62,521 non-incapacitating injuries resulted from car accidents statewide, along with 14,656 suspected serious injuries and 3,896 fatalities. Even seemingly minor crashes in Sugar Land can result in serious injuries that cost victims thousands of dollars in medical bills and lost wages.
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident in the Sugar Land, talk to the Texas personal injury lawyers at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, right away. Our Sugar Land car accident attorneys have more than 30 years of combined experience, and we know what steps to take to build a strong case for compensation on your behalf.
Contact us today for a free initial consultation.
How Can a Sugar Land, TX, Car Accident Lawyer Help You?
A Sugar Land car crash lawyer is an essential ally when you’ve been injured in a collision. An experienced attorney can help protect your rights and support your case for recovery in many ways. Here’s how the team at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, can help you after a severe car accident in Sugar Land:
- Identify who can be held liable for your injuries – Depending on the circumstances of the accident, multiple parties might be responsible for your injuries. Our attorneys can search for every potentially liable party and every potential source of insurance coverage.
- Document your injuries and other losses – To recover full compensation after a car crash, you’ll need to document all the losses you’ve suffered thoroughly. This may include lost wages, reduced earning potential, medical bills, any pain and mental health effects you’ve experienced, and more.
- Take care of the necessary paperwork – Many forms are involved in filing a personal injury claim, from medical records to court motions and everything in between. We can handle all this paperwork for you to make sure your claim proceeds as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- Negotiate with insurance companies – Most car accident claims are settled through negotiations with the liable party’s insurance company. Insurance companies have all kinds of tricks to avoid paying the total value of a claim, but a lawyer can help you make a strong case for compensation.
- Bring your case to court – If you cannot reach a settlement agreement with the liable party, you may need to bring your case to civil court. If this happens, you’ll want help from an experienced trial attorney who can craft a sound legal strategy.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Some common causes of car accidents in Sugar Land include:
- Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Driving while distracted
- Driving while fatigued
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive lane changes
- Following too closely
- Failing to yield at an intersection or stop sign
- Worn or defective components
- Poor road conditions
Common Types of Car Accidents
There are many kinds of car accidents, and some of the more common types include:
- Head-on collisions – A head-on collision is when two or more vehicles traveling in opposite directions run into each other. Because these accidents tend to involve high speeds, they often resulting in severe injuries.
- Rear-end collisions – Rear-end collisions occur when one vehicle runs into the back of a car traveling in front of it. Rear-end collisions are often caused by the driver in the rear following too closely.
- Sideswipe/side-impact collisions – Sideswipe accidents, also known as side-impact accidents, happen when two vehicles traveling in the same or opposite direction collide. Side-impact collisions are frequently the result of one driver failing to check their blind spot or signal correctly when changing lanes or merging.
- T-bone collisions – T-bone or broadside accidents result from one vehicle slamming into another car traveling perpendicularly. The shape the two cars form when they collide resembles a “T,” hence the name.
- Blind-spot collisions – When drivers don’t check their blind spots before merging or changing lanes, they can easily end up crashing into or moving into the path of another vehicle.
- Rollover collisions – Tire blowouts, shifting cargo, high-speed impacts, and other factors can cause a car to tip or rollover, which often leads to horrific injuries for anyone in the vehicle.
- Single-vehicle collisions – Drivers can sometimes get into an accident even if there are no other vehicles involved. For example, a driver might drive their car off the road and strike an object or roll the vehicle over without hitting anything first.
- Multi-vehicle collisions – Many accidents are multi-vehicle crashes. The more vehicles are involved in a crash, the greater the odds are of someone suffering severe injuries.
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
Some of the most common injuries that result from car accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Soft-tissue damage
- Internal organ damage
- Crushed or amputated limbs
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
Statute of Limitations on Car Accident Lawsuits in Texas
The Texas statute of limitations on car accident lawsuits is generally two years from the date of the crash. If you do not file a lawsuit by that time, you will most likely lose your opportunity to recover compensation for your injuries.
What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Crash in Sugar Land
Here are the key steps to take if you’ve been injured in a car accident in Sugar Land:
- Call 911 and seek medical treatment as soon as possible.
- Take pictures and videos of the accident scene before you leave, if possible.
- Get the names of any eyewitnesses.
- Hold on to any documentation related to the accident and your losses, such as medical records, pay stubs, and the police accident report.
- Don’t talk to the at-fault party’s insurance adjuster until you’ve spoken to a lawyer.
- Stay off social media as the information you post could potentially be used against you.
- Hire a personal injury attorney right away.
Talk to a Sugar Land, TX, Car Accident Attorney Now
If you’re ready to get started on a personal injury claim after a car accident in Sugar Land, TX, the attorneys at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, are standing by to help. Contact our office for a free initial consultation.