Westbury Car Accident Lawyer
The Texas Department of Transportation maintains more miles of public roadway than any other state. Many Texas roads are busy thoroughfares that see millions of travelers every year. Unfortunately, the number of roads and the sheer volume of traffic in the Lone Star State also contribute to some of the worst accident rates in the U.S.
Many of these motor vehicle accidents occur in Westbury and other surrounding parts of the densely populated Houston metro area. If you were injured in a Westbury car accident, the knowledgeable car crash attorneys of Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, can help you seek compensation for your losses.
Contact us today to learn more in a free initial consultation.
How a Westbury Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
If you were injured in a Westbury car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, the experienced personal injury attorneys of Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC can help you by:
- Explaining your legal rights and options for pursuing fair compensation
- Conducting an independent investigation into the causes and effects of the crash
- Calculating the total value of the compensation you deserve for your losses
- Consulting with expert witnesses such as accident reconstruction specialists
- Managing important documents, deadlines, and paperwork on your behalf
- Communicating with insurance representatives and other lawyers on your behalf
- Negotiating aggressively to maximize your compensation during settlement talks
Common Types of Car Accidents in Westbury
The following are some of the most common types of auto accidents that occur in Westbury and the surrounding areas of Texas:
- Rear-end collisions – Rear-end collisions occur when the front end of one vehicle collides with the rear end of the car in front of it.
- T-bone accidents – T-bone or broadside accidents occur when the front or rear end of one vehicle strikes the broadside of another, forming a T-shaped wreck.
- Sideswipe accidents – Sideswipe crashes occur when the side of one vehicle collides with the side of another car traveling in a parallel or an opposite direction.
- Head-on collisions – Head-on collisions occur when the front end of one vehicle strikes the front end of another vehicle head-on.
- Rideshare accidents – Uber/Lyft accidents occur when rideshare drivers are involved in crashes while transporting rideshare passengers or while on the way to pick them up.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Westbury
Many car accidents have multiple contributing factors, but some of the most common causes of car crashes in Westbury include:
- Distracted driving – Driving while engaged in distracting activities such as texting, talking on the phone, or personal grooming
- Driving under the influence – Driving while intoxicated by alcohol, illegal drugs, or even some legal prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Drowsy driving – Driving while dangerously fatigued, which can be just as dangerous as drunk driving, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Reckless driving – Driving while engaged in unsafe behaviors such as speeding, tailgating, lane weaving, or turning without proper signals
- Vehicle defects – Defects in critical vehicle components such as brakes, tires, airbags, or steering systems
Types of Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
The extreme forces of a collision between two motor vehicles traveling at speed commonly result in the following types of car accident injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries, such as concussions
- Facial scarring and disfigurement
- Jaw injuries and dental trauma
- Neck and shoulder injuries, such as whiplash
- Back injuries, such as herniated discs
- Knee, elbow, and joint injuries
- Soft tissue strains, sprains, and tears
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Traumatic or surgical amputations
- Spinal cord injuries
- Partial or total paralysis
- Internal injuries and puncture wounds
- Friction, heat, and chemical burns
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Compensation in a Car Accident Case
With a successful car accident insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, you could receive money to compensate you for losses such as:
- Medical bills – Any previous or future medical expenses from the treatment of your accident-related injuries
- Incidental expenses – Out-of-pocket expenses you incur as a result of the accident, such as costs of transportation to medical appointments
- Lost wages – The value of any lost wages you suffer as a result of missing time at work while you recover from your injuries
- Lost earning potential – The value of losses in your lifetime earning potential if you suffer a long-term disability that keeps you from returning to your usual job
- Pain and suffering – The subjective costs of the pain and suffering you endure as a result of your accident-related injuries
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit
If you wish to file a lawsuit against a negligent party after a car accident, it’s critical to pay attention to the legal time limits that could apply to your case. In Westbury and throughout Texas, the law generally gives injury victims two years from the date of the accident to take legal action.
This legal time limit is critical because if you file your lawsuit after the two-year deadline has expired, the at-fault party will have every right to ask the court to dismiss your case, and a judge will almost certainly agree. If this occurs, you will lose your right to demand compensation for your losses, even if you had a strong case. Only very narrow circumstances can extend the deadline.
What To Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Car Accident in Westbury
If you were injured in a Westbury car wreck, you can protect your legal rights and your right to seek compensation for your losses by:
- Seeking prompt medical attention and following through on your doctor’s orders
- Gathering evidence from the accident scene by taking photographs, writing down your recollections of the crash, and speaking to any available eyewitnesses
- Recording your daily levels of pain and physical limitation in a notebook or journal
- Avoiding social media and the urge to discuss your accident with others while your claim is still pending
- Keeping track of all medical bills, repair invoices, pay stubs, receipts, and other evidence of your financial losses
- Contacting a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer for a free consultation
Talk to a Westbury Car Accident Lawyer Now
At Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, our dedicated team is committed to helping car accident injury victims seek the fair compensation they deserve. To speak to a personable and professional car accident lawyer in Westbury, contact us today to get started with your free initial case review.