Were you injured in a truck accident in the Westbury area of Houston? If so, you may be suffering from painful injuries, struggling financially, and wondering how you’ll get back on your feet.
At Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, we can help you seek fair compensation for your losses so you can hold the negligent parties accountable and move forward. Our goal is to provide attentive customer service and assertive representation while you heal from your injuries. When you have a tough case, you need a tough lawyer.
Contact us today to learn more about your legal rights in a free initial consultation.
What Makes Truck Accidents More Complex?
Semi-truck accident claims tend to be significantly more complicated than the average claim involving only passenger vehicles. Here are just a few of the factors that make truck accidents especially challenging:
- Truck accidents are more likely to result in severe injuries. Due to their massive size and weight, commercial trucks carry lots of momentum, commonly resulting in severe or fatal injuries. More serious injuries complicate a truck accident claim for two reasons. First, they tend to take longer to heal, which makes it more difficult to calculate the full extent of losses from a crash. Second, the injuries usually require extensive and costly medical care, which raises the value of the claim and makes it more contentious.
- Truck drivers and companies are subject to unique regulations. The commercial trucking industry is subject to various state and federal laws that do not apply to other motorists. For example, strict rules govern the amount of time truck drivers can spend on the road, how frequently trucks must be inspected, and the types of records that must be kept. Demonstrating truck driver or trucking company fault requires familiarity with these trucking laws and the ability to identify and prove violations.
- Commercial insurance policies have higher coverage limits. Most commercial trucks have insurance policies with substantially higher coverage limits than standard auto insurance policies – usually $1 million or more. As a result, more compensation is typically available to truck accident victims. Since truck accident victims usually deserve more compensation due to the severe outcomes they endure, insurance companies put up more of a fight when more money is on the line.
- Truck accidents commonly involve multiple vehicles. When a large truck collides with one vehicle, it has a much higher chance of causing a multi-vehicle pile-up. If multiple vehicles are involved in the same truck accident, it can be much harder to identify traffic violations and determine who is at fault. Dealing with numerous insurance companies also tends to complicate matters.
- There are often multiple parties that may be liable. Multiple parties are involved in the operations of a commercial truck, including the truck driver, the trucking company, cargo loading teams, shipping companies, and more. Depending on the circumstances, any of these parties could be liable in a truck accident case. Multiple liable parties mean multiple insurance providers and attorneys, further complicating the claims process.
How a Westbury Truck Accident Attorney Can Help You
When you have a seasoned truck accident attorney in your corner, you are far more likely to recover the compensation you deserve. Truck accident lawyers are deeply familiar with relevant statutory and case law. They are also skilled negotiators who know the value of your case and won’t rest until you receive fair compensation.
At Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, our full-service law firm is committed to helping victims of Westbury truck accidents pursue the compensation and closure they need. We can guide you every step of the way as you seek to hold negligent parties accountable and demand reimbursement for your losses.