Were you injured in the Westwood neighborhood of Houston due to someone else’s negligence? Whether you were hurt in a car crash, in a slip and fall, by a defective product, or due to some other form of negligence, you could be entitled to recover compensation for the losses you incur.
The Westwood personal injury lawyers at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, have represented clients in a vast array of personal injury cases. If someone else caused your injuries, you should not have to cover costs stemming from the accident. Our team of attorneys has the experience and resources needed to thoroughly investigate the accident and help you hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions.
Contact our firm today for a free, no-risk consultation to discuss your case with one of our dedicated Houston-area injury lawyers.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
At Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, our attorneys handle many different types of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents – Car accidents usually result from negligent behaviors, including distracted driving, drunk driving, speeding, reckless driving, fatigue, tailgating, and more. If you were injured in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence, you could be entitled to recover compensation from the at-fault driver.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcycle accidents can be particularly severe. Unlike other motorists, who have safety features such as seat belts and airbags to protect them from the force of a collision, motorcyclists are typically directly impacted by a collision. Our team helps motorcycle accident victims hold negligent drivers accountable for their misconduct.
- Truck accidents – Truck accidents can be extremely complex. While liability is often straightforward in an accident between two passenger vehicles, a truck accident may have multiple liable parties, including the truck driver, the trucking company, a maintenance company, cargo loaders, defective parts manufacturers, and others. Our attorneys have the resources to conduct a professional, independent investigation into the accident and identify all potential sources of compensation.
- Bicycle accidents – Like motorcyclists, cyclists have very little to protect them in the event of a collision. While wearing a helmet is always recommended and can save lives, bicyclists can still suffer severe injuries when thrown from their bikes in a collision. Our team helps bicyclists who negligent motorists have injured seek the compensation they need to recover financially after the accident.
- Pedestrian accidents – Pedestrians are perhaps the most vulnerable to being severely injured or even killed in traffic accidents. Negligent motorists often fail to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians or even notice them at all. Pedestrians who careless drivers have injured deserve the chance to pursue compensation from the at-fault party.
- Bus accidents – Bus drivers and their employers are responsible for the safety of the individuals they transport. Unfortunately, bus drivers and bus companies are sometimes negligent in their duty of care to prevent passengers from being harmed. Our attorneys help victims of bus accidents pursue the justice and compensation they deserve.
- Boating accidents – The Houston area of Texas has a considerable number of inland lakes and is home to a thriving boating culture. Westwood is situated on the shores of the Sam Rayburn Reservoir. Injuries involving jet skis, pleasure boats, fishing boats, and commercial vessels can occur. We help boat injury victims pursue the compensation they need.
- Dangerous premises – Texas property owners are required to keep their homes and businesses safe for lawful visitors. However, accidents can happen if a property owner fails to eliminate or warn visitors about unreasonable hazards. Our firm helps clients hold negligent property owners responsible for their carelessness.
- Slip and fall accidents – Slip and fall accidents can happen virtually anywhere. Whether the accident occurs at a place of business, at a residence, on city property, or in the workplace, our attorneys help victims of slip and fall accidents pursue compensation from the appropriate party.
- Dog bites – Dog bites are another type of premises liability accident. Our firm helps victims of dog bites in the Westwood area seek compensation from careless dog owners.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect – No one wants to imagine that an elderly family member could fall victim to nursing home abuse or neglect, but it is unfortunately far from uncommon. Nursing home abuse and neglect take various forms, including abandonment, verbal abuse, failure to maintain hygiene, disregarding a resident’s complaints, malnutrition, sexual abuse, harassment, and more. Our attorneys work with victims and their families to pursue civil actions against nursing homes where abuse and neglect occur.
- Dangerous products – Products with design, manufacturing, or marketing defects can injure people who use them. Our attorneys help individuals injured by dangerous products fight back against negligent manufacturers.
- Wrongful death – Losing a loved one is devastating and traumatic, and this is especially true when a loved one dies due to someone else’s negligence. Our attorneys work with the families of wrongful death victims to pursue compensation for medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Standing Strong for Accident Victims in the Westwood Area of Houston
The attorneys at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, proudly advocate for clients in the Westwood area of Houston. If you hire us to handle your claim, rest assured that we will work tirelessly to help you seek the compensation you are entitled to.
Our attorneys can help with your claim in several ways. If you decide to work with us, we can:
- Investigate the accident that caused your injuries
- Gather evidence to support your case
- Document and quantify the damages you incurred
- Determine liability
- Negotiate for a settlement with the proper insurance company
- Take your case to court if a fair settlement cannot be reached
Demanding Full Value for Your Personal Injury Case
Are your injuries the result of someone else’s negligence or misconduct? If so, you could qualify to claim compensation from the at-fault party. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you might be able to recover compensation for things like:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Lost future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Exemplary damages, if applicable
Time is Limited to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
In Texas, you generally have two years from the date you sustained your injuries to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party. If you fail to take legal action within this window of time, the court will likely dismiss your case, and you will give up your right to compensation.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After an Accident in the Westwood Area of Houston
Follow these tips to help protect your rights following an accident:
- Seek prompt medical attention. Your health is your top concern after an accident. Also, many insurance companies require injury victims to be promptly evaluated by a medical professional. If you don’t, the insurance company may try to claim that your injuries resulted from a separate accident.
- Collect evidence. Take photos of the scene, your injuries, and any property damage. Talk to witnesses at the location and request their contact information.
- Keep a journal. Document your recovery in a journal. Make daily entries to describe your level of physical pain and your psychological state. Note any activities you cannot participate in due to impairments from your injuries.
- Gather documents. Keep a file containing all of your medical records, hospital bills, income statements, and other expenses.
- Avoid discussing the accident. Refrain from posting updates about the accident or photos of yourself on social media while your case is pending. Insurance companies could twist and use information you publish against you.
- Consult with an attorney as soon as possible. Your attorney can defend your rights throughout the claims process and any potential litigation that follows.
Talk to a Westwood Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you sustained injuries due to someone else’s negligence in the Westwood area of Houston, contact the personal injury lawyers at Pines & Goldenzweig, PLLC, to discuss your legal options. Reach out today for a free, no-risk consultation.